Voice Dream Reader
The VoiceDream Reader will speak almost all texts including digital books from Bookshare, Gutenburg, PDFs, and more.
- From the Home page, click on the gear icon ()
- Click on “Manage My Voices.”
- Select your preferred voice.
- Click on the Information icon () to learn more about a voice.
- Configure the voice to meet your needs; use the blank box at the bottom of the popup to enter sample text.
- Speed - How fast they speak.
- Pitch - How high or low the voice sounds.
- Volume - Default volume, you can also use the standard iPad volume controls to change the loudness.
- Click the “Set Preferred” link to set the voice as your default.
- From the “Home” screen, click on the book to open the “Reader” page.
- Use the following gestures to navigate the page.
- 1-finger tap - Full Screen/Screen with controls
- 1-finger double-tap - Move cursor
- 2-finger double-tap - Pause/Play
- Hold the button () to change navigation units (time, sentence, paragraph, heading, highlight, bookmark)
- Click Headings icon () to see Chapters, Bookmarks & Highlights
- Click Audio Settings icon () to change voice speed and the pause between sentences.
- Click the Visual Settings icon ( )to change the text.
- 1 - finger swipe from left of screen - View documents in text only (for example, PDF docs)
- Regular View of PDF
- Text View of PDF
Add a new book from Bookshare