How can parents be involved?
Parent involvement is critical for a student's success in their educational journey. Here are some ways that parents can be involved with their student's education.
- Try the ideas and suggestions recommended by your child’s teachers
- Read to your child every day and make this a part of your bedtime routine
- Play with your child each day
- Offer to help with a classroom project
- Talk to your child often. Describe, label, comment and ask questions
- Communicate regularly with your child’s specialists and teachers
- Ask your child’s instructor if there are volunteer opportunities
Importance of Attendance
Attendance is very important to the success of your child. If you find that your child will not be in attendance within the Hood River County School District Early Intervention / Early Childhood Special Education program, including home visits, please call your service provider or the main phone number for Hood River County EI/ECSE (541-386-4919).
When a family becomes eligible for services, they will receive a handbook that includes a book, a list of community resources, a staff directory, information about parents' rights, and information about family activities. The Oregon Department of Education website includes a Notice of Procedural Safeguards.