P – Perseverance:
- All work must be written in complete sentences. A complete sentence always begins with initial capitalization and ends with appropriate end punctuation.
- All polished writing assignments must be in MLA format.
- Work not in complete sentences and/or MLA format may be returned ungraded.
R – Respect:
- Refer to me as “Mr. Lorenzen.”
- Respect the room and the custodians.
- Leave the desks where they were when you came in.
I – Integrity:
- Be nice!
- Do your own work. Plagiarism (misrepresenting another’s work as one’s own) is a serious offense. Students who plagiarize will receive a zero for that assignment. A second offense will result in a disciplinary referral.
D – Diversity:
- Allow others to have their voices heard.
- Follow groupwork norms.
E – Engagement:
- Come to class. Do the work. Hand it in.
- Hand in your cell phones.
- Bring pencil, paper, and books every day.
- Be in your seat when the bell rings.