Adopted Superintendent Goals for 2019 – 2020
GOAL I: INCREASE ACADEMIC GROWTH & SUCCESS
- By July, 2020, the percent of all HRCSD students meeting or exceeding Oregon Statewide Assessment in reading will increase from 58% to 59.5%.
- By July 2020, the percent of all HRCSD students meeting or exceeding Oregon Statewide Assessment in math will increase from 44% to 46%.
- By July, 2020, the percent of Hispanic/Latino students in HRCSD who meet or exceed the state benchmark level in English Language Arts will increase from 39% to 42%.
- By November 2019, the four-year cohort graduation rate for Hispanic students at HRVHS will improve from 83% to 85%.
GOAL II. IMPROVE & MAINTAIN THE PUBLIC TRUST
- Propose a budget that supports the priorities and goals in the HRCSD 2025 Vision and that, by the end of the 2020-2021 school year, has a minimum of 8 percent of general fund in reserves.
- By May, 2020 ensure that additional resources from the Student Success Act are targeted to close opportunity gaps for diverse student groups.
- All bond projects will be within budget.
- The District will earn its sixth consecutive "unmodified opinion" from external auditors. E. Use a diversity of media to engage with internal and external stakeholders to gather information about the district strengths and areas for continued focus that will help inform 2025 strategic planning.
GOAL III: RECRUIT, SUPPORT AND RETAIN EXCELLENT EDUCATORS
- In the 2019-20 school year, general fund resources will be prioritized to support peer-to-peer teacher mentoring/observations, Instructional Rounds, administrative team walk-throughs, and other high leverage, job-embedded professional growth activities.
- By June 2020, the number of Spanish-speaking employees will increase by 3%, with a concentrated effort on instructional positions, to better reflect our student demographics.
- By June 2020, the District will demonstrate formal partnerships with post-secondary education training programs towards increasing the diversity of the HRCSD workforce.
GOAL IV. POSITIVE, SAFE AND INCLUSIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS
- By July, 2020, all schools will demonstrate school-wide PBIS implementation by achieving at least 70% on the Tiered Fidelity Instrument (TFI).
- By July, 2020, the percent of students not chronically absent will increase from 87% to 88.3%.
- By July, 2020, threat assessment protocols will be refined and practiced with law enforcement partners.