2020-2021 Goals for the HRCSD Board of Directors
Goal 1: Increase Academic Growth and Success
- Increase the percent of all HRCSD students proficient in literacy and math.
- Increase the percent of Hispanic students’ proficiency in literacy.
- Increase the percent of Hispanic students graduating on time.
- Increase the percent of students enrolled in courses eligible for post-secondary credit and state-approved CTE programs of study.
- Increase the percent of Students with Disabilities meeting or exceeding the state average in growth and achievement in literacy and math.
- Increase the percent of Emerging Bilingual Students demonstrating growth on the English Language Proficiency Assessment.
Goal 2: Improve and Maintain the Public Trust
- Adopt a sustainable budget that supports the priorities and goals of the Hood River County School District; that includes estimated impacts of State School Fund, SIA, M98, and other anticipated budget shortfalls,
- Maintain a goal of an eight percent ending fund balance by the end of the 2020-21 school year to address increased associated payroll costs, (e.g., PERS, Health), emergencies and potential further decrease in federal, state, or local revenues.
- Ensure completion of capital bond resources spending as promised to the voters.
- The District will earn its 7th consecutive “unmodified opinion” from external auditors.
- Support the Superintendent through strategic planning, collaboration, and effective communication.
Goal 3: Support Excellent Staff Focused on Student Success
- Maintain and grow partnerships with post-secondary institutions towards increasing the diversity of HRCSD work force.
- Recruit and retain bilingual/bicultural staff members.
- Maintain focus on increasing equitable opportunities for all students.
Goal 4: Ensure Positive, Safe, and Inclusive Learning Environment
- Increase the percent of students attending school regularly.
- Continue to reduce incidences of exclusionary discipline.
- Ensure preparedness for emergencies.
- In partnership with our local health and safety communities, support staff and student health and safety, particularly related to COVID-19.
- Continue to increase access to Social/Emotional support and resources.
- Take action steps toward becoming an anti-racist district and will strive to address and dismantle systemic racism in our schools and school systems.
Goal 5: Continuing Education for HRCSD Board of Directors Members
- HRCSD board members will engage in at least 2 continuing education activities per school year.
- HRCSD board members should keep up to date on OSBA policy changes and Oregon Legislative activities that affect education and school districts.