2017-2018 Goals for the HRCSD Board of Directors:
Goal 1: Increase Academic Growth and Success
- Increase the percent of all HRCSD students proficient in literacy and math.
- Decrease the achievement gap between Hispanic and White students in literacy.
- Increase the percent of Hispanic students graduating on time.
Goal 2: Improve and Maintain the Public Trust
- Adopt a sustainable budget that supports the priorities and goals in the HRCSD 20/20 Vision and that, by the end of the 2017-18 school year, has a minimum of 8 percent of general fund expenditures in ending fund balance to address increased associated payroll costs (PERS/Health), emergencies and potential decreases in federal, state, or local revenues.
- Bond projects will be on or under budget.
- The District will earn its 4th consecutive “unmodified opinion” from external auditors.
Goal 3: Support Excellent Staff Focused on Student Success
- Maintain and deepen opportunities for peer-to-peer learning.
- Increase and retain the number of bilingual staff members.
Goal 4: Ensure Positive, Safe, and Inclusive Learning Environment
- IIncrease the percent of students attending school regularly.
- xpand the curricular options for students at-risk for dropping out and who have already disengaged from the county public school system.
- Enhance Positive Behavior Support programming.
- Ensure preparedness for emergencies.