2022/23 - ExCEL After School Enrichment Program
The Hood River County School District EXCEL (Extended Community Enriched Learning) program provides before and after-school academic and enrichment activities for more than 350 students (Kindergarten - Eighth grade) and adult classes for parents.
ExCEL Program Instructors Needed! Apply Today!
This is an open posting for the 2022/23 school year.
The Hood River County School District is accepting applications for a variety of after-school ExCEL instructor positions. Programs will need instructors for both academic support and enrichment activities. The Elementary programs (Mid Valley Elementary, Parkdale Elementary, and Cascade Locks Elementary) provide services to students from 2:15 PM - 5:00 PM, and the Wy'east ExCEL Program hours are 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM on many student contact days.
- Possess a minimum of 72 quarter credits of college coursework or have a passing score on the CBEST or Paraprofessional Assessment. Official transcripts or test score reports will be required upon hire.
- Possess a skill or talent that you would like to teach or instruct students in.
- Prior experience working with ELL or Title I students preferred.
- Paid experience working with after-school or extended-year programs preferred.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn current educational practices and research-validated curriculum.
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs and issues related to the student population served.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Pass a nationwide criminal justice fingerprint clearance.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or qualify for an exception.
Pay is $25.00/hour. Classified employees who hold regular or temporary positions in the district are generally not authorized to work more than 40 hours per week. As a result, classified employees who work less than 40 hours/week should apply to work for the ExCEL program.
Complete your TalentEd/Recruit & Hire ExCEL Instructor application. Include a letter of interest to Adrienne Acosta, Cascade Locks Principal, and two personal or professional references. Please specify which location you are interested in working.
Returning District employees who worked for ExCEL last year can send a letter of interest to Adrienne Acosta and forego submitting a new application. Also, current district employees can choose to work at a different site than their school-day work site.