• Transferring to the Hood River County School District

    There are two (2) ways to attend the Hood River County School District (HRCSD) if you reside outside of Hood River County. If you have questions regarding these processes, please contact Meghan West at 541-387-5013 or meghan.west@hoodriver.k12.or.us.

    * To Transfer from Another Oregon School District (Non-Resident Inter District Transfer)
    The HRCSD Board of Directors has approved up to 20 students be permitted to attend our schools through Inter District Transfer.

    A student wishing to attend the HRCSD must first obtain a "release" from their resident Oregon school district:
    1. Obtain a release form from your resident district.
              - May 1st through June 1st is the Inter District Enrollment Period
              - A lottery will be conducted on a date set by the HRCSD Superintendent if more applications
                 come in than the current spaces available for Inter District Transfer students
              - Siblings of currently enrolled Inter District students will be given priority
              - Inter District Release forms received after June 1st will be accepted on first come/first served basis
    2. The resident school district may deny the request for a release, which would effectively block and conclude this request. Application for Nonresident Student Admission
    3. After receiving an approved release for transfer by the student's resident district, you may request that HRCSD approve the transfer to a specific school by contacting Meghan West at the Superintendent's Office at 541-387-5013 or meghan.west@hoodriver.k12.or.us.
    4. The request will be evaluated based on space at the requested school and grade level.

    Inter District Transfer is available to Oregon residents only.
    Transfers will not be considered for students currently expelled from their resident school. 

    * Tuition Transfer
    The Hood River County School District accepts applications for students who reside out of the Hood River County School District attendance area and wish to pay tuition. Applicants may apply for any school within the District and will be accepted on a space-available basis, up to a total of 10 students. The cost of tuition for out-of-district students for the school-year is $9,500 for each child. . Applications for tuition-based registrations are due by July 1st and will be evaluated as they are submitted. Applications can be turned into the School District Office at 1011 Eugene St., faxed to 541-387-5099, or emailed to meghan.west@hoodriver.k12.or.us. Anyone with questions about the application process can call the District office at 541-387-5013.

    Tuition transfers will not be considered for students currently expelled from their resident school. 

    Hood River County resident parents who would like their child(ren) to attend a different school within the district may apply using the Parent Request For Student Transfer (English) (Español) form. 

    OPEN ENROLLMENT TRANSFER (Ended with the 18/19 School Year)
    The Oregon legislature established Open Enrollment between school districts to support school choice beginning in the 2012-2013 school year. The original statute allowing Open Enrollment ends with the 2018-2019 school year. 2018-2019 Open Enrollment closed on April 1, 2018 statewide. Beginning with the 2019-2020 school year, Open Enrollment is no longer allowed under state law.

    If my child was accepted under Open Enrollment, can he or she stay? Yes. If your child was previously accepted under open enrollment, they may stay through graduation unless they enroll in another district. If your child enrolls in another district, they may no longer return under Open Enrollment.