The Expanded Options program and Early College program allows eligible student Oregon high schools to take college credits classes at Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) or online. In most cases, your high school will cover the cost of tuition and fees for these courses, but check with your high school counselor to confirm.
Costs covered by school district: Tuition, Textbook(s), Class fees
Costs covered by student: Transportation
- Contact and enroll in the Hood River Options Academy
- Meet prerequisites for college classes by achieving the following Placement Assessment scores:
Some college classes do not have prerequisites. Check with a CGCC advisor about classes you can take without the Placement Assessment.
- Submit program application to the Hood River Options Academy
- Apply to Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC), and take the Placement Assessment (study guides).
- Meet with your high school counselor to determine which courses will meet your high school graduation requirements.
- Meet with a CGCC Academic Advisor to discuss college goals and create an educational plan.