Overview of Human Resources
Hood River County School District implements innovative programs and support systems that make excellence possible for every student and team member. Hood River is a family-centered community with strong support of education. This area has the perfect balance of sunshine and rainfall, which contributes to the beautiful outdoor scenery and activities. Hood River is the perfect place to live, learn, play, and work!
The mission of the Hood River County School District Human Resources department is to provide quality human resource services to support staff excellence.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources department include the following:
- Recruitment and selection of all district staff
- District translation services
- Hiring substitutes and overseeing Frontline/AESOP
- Educator effectiveness and evaluation of staff
- Labor contract negotiations
- District policy development and oversight
- Teacher licensure
- Workers compensation program and claim management
- Title IX coordination
- Employee leave requests
- Verifications of prior employment
- OFLA/FMLA program management
- District safety coordination
- Emergency management
- Recognition and good news
- Employee wellness initiatives
- Custodian of personnel files
- Interagency coordination
The Human Resources department is open Monday through Friday, from 8am to 4pm. To receive the best customer service, please contact the department directly to schedule an appointment (email email@example.com). The department office is located at 1011 Eugene Street, Hood River, OR 97031 (second floor). The fax number is 541-387-5099.