Overview of Student Services
Hood River County School District implements innovative programs and support systems that make excellence possible for every student. The mission of the Hood River County School District Student Services department is to provide social emotional and special education support and services to ensure every student graduates with the knowledge and courage to learn, serve, and pursue their dreams.
Responsibilities of the Student Services department include supporting schools to:
- Establish and foster an inclusive school culture at each school to ensure all students are safe, known and welcome
- Adopt and implement a culturally relevant, K-12 Social Emotional Learning curriculum
- Explicitly teach and reinforce behavior expectations with Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports
- Increase access to and usage of physical and mental health services for students
- Implement and enhance our K-12 multi-tiered system of support (MTSS) to identify students that are in need of additional supports
- Identify students with disabilities who need Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or 504 Plans
- Provide instruction, accommodations, and modifications for students with disabilities to ensure they can access their least restrictive environment
The Student Services department is open Monday through Friday, from 8am to 4pm. To receive the best customer service, please contact Katina Berg to be connected with the appropriate staff to meet your needs (email email@example.com). The department office is located at 1011 Eugene Street, Hood River, OR 97031 (second floor).
Degrees and Certifications:
Executive Director of Student Services