2018-2019 Goals for the HRCSD Board of Directors:
Goal 1: Increase Academic Growth and Success
- Increase the percent of all HRCSD students proficient in literacy and math.
- Increase the present of Hispanic students’ proficiency in literacy.
- Increase the percent of Hispanic students graduating on time.
- Increase the percent of students enrolled in courses eligible for post-secondary credit.
Goal 2: Improve and Maintain the Public Trust
- Adopt a sustainable budget that supports the priorities and goals in the HRCSD 20/20 Vision and that, by the end of the 2018-19 school year, has a minimum of 8 percent of general fund expenditures in ending fund balance to address increased associated payroll costs, (e.g., PERS, Health), emergencies and potential decreased in federal, state, or local revenues.
- Ensure capital bond resources are spent as promised to the voters.
- The District will earn its 5th consecutive “unmodified opinion” from external auditors.
Goal 3: Support Excellent Staff Focused on Student Success
- Develop partnerships with post-secondary institutions towards increasing the diversity of HRCSD work force.
- Increase and retain the number of bilingual staff members.
- Maintain focus on increasing equitable opportunities for all students.
Goal 4: Ensure Positive, Safe, and Inclusive Learning Environment
- Increase the percent of students attending school regularly.
- Reduce incidences of exclusionary discipline.
- Ensure preparedness for emergencies.