While the wintry weather may have slowed us down for a week during the month of February, things have been busy at Westside over the last couple of months. Examples of what this looks like includes the following:
- The fourth grade recently participated in the Confluence and Salmon Civilization Projects with the Celilo Tribe.
- Second grade is participating in Imagination Yoga during PE with instructors, Marianne Brevard and Marge Gale.
- Kindergarten through second grade just finished working on clay art projects with artist, Courtney Berens, and now the third through fifth grade has started their rotations.
- Fifth grade has begun their SECRETS lessons with the Columbia Gorge Ecology Institute.
- The Family STEM Night was really well attended for the third year in a row, where students and their families engaged in activities related to science, technology, engineering and math.
- The Hood River Education Foundation recently awarded four grants totaling $5,185 to our staff at Westside Elementary. Information regarding the grants and how they are being applied is shared below in this newsletter.
A lot of exciting activities are taking place at Westside due to people on staff and within our community who are creative and working hard to enrich student learning. Thank you for your continuous support of Westside Elementary!