Students who ride buses to and from school or school-sponsored activities will be notified of the rules and regulations governing their conduct on buses as well as of the consequences for violation of those rules. The transportation department is a service, and students using school buses must conduct themselves in conformity to school bus rules. Those who fail to do so shall lose the privilege of using the buses.
Students at bus stops are subject to the same rules as when riding the bus. Students who are exhibiting disruptive behavior at the bus stop may lose their bus riding privilege. Click here to go to Bus Disciplinary Procedures.
Bus Conduct Rules
Because student's behavior can affect their safety and the safety of others, the following regulations apply at alltimes when student are riding a school bus, including school field trips.
- Riders shall follow the instructions and directions of the bus driver at all times.
- Riders should arrive at the bus stop five minutes before the scheduled pick-up time and stand in a safe place while waiting for the bus.
- Riders shall enter the bus in an orderly manner
- Riders shall remain seated while the bus is in motion and shall keep arms, legs, and other objects out of the aisle.
- No part of the body, hands, arms, or head should be put out of the window.
- Because serious safety hazards can result from noise or behavior that distracts the driver, loud talking, laughing, yelling, singing, whistling, scuffling, throwing objects, smoking, eating, drinking, standing, changing seats, inappropriate sexual conduct and indecent exposure are prohibited actions which may lead to suspension of riding privileges.
- No weapons, imitation firearms, or dangerous instruments shall be allowed on the bus.
No drugs shall be used or carried on the bus.
No alcohol shall be used or carried on the bus.
No use or possession of tobacco or any product containing tobacco or nicotine shall be allowed on the bus.
No animals will be allowed on the bus except for assistance animals.
- Abuse of the above rules shall be reported to district staff who shall determine appropriate action for the misconduct.